As breeders we reserve the right to take up to two pups from a litter for our breeding program. We rarely take two and only occasionally take one.
1. Contact Us - If you are interested in adopting a Catskill Country Australian Labradoodle puppy and have any questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call to chat. Our home phone is 607-563-9174. Denise's cell is 607-643-2314
2. Application - Once you've decided you'd like a puppy, the first step to adopting is filling out and submitting an application. If you haven't already contacted us, please do so, and we will email you an application.
3. Deposit - When we receive your application, we will review it and let you know if you have been approved. If approved, the next step is to submit a $700 deposit, securing a spot on our reservation list. $350 of this deposit is non-refundable . If you find a puppy prior to our litter being born, we will refund $350 of your deposit. Deposits can be made right on the website.
4. Updates - Once we receive both an approved application and a deposit, we will contact you and welcome you to the Catskill Country Labradoodle Family. At this point you will begin receiving puppy updates from us each time one of our dogs goes into heat, is bred, has a positive ultrasound or, of course, has puppies. We keep our families very up to date on everything puppy that goes on here at the farm. Our open and consistent communication throughout the process is one of the things our families tell us they appreciate about us.
5. You Pick Your Litter - Once your litter is born, we will send you almost daily texts and videos of the puppies. We will be in contact with you via email several times a week, and we zoom with families at least weekly so you can watch the puppies grow and get to know them.
6. Payment 2 - At three - four weeks of age a second payment of $1150 is due. This can be paid on our website or families are also able to send a personal check.
7. Vet Health Checks & Final Payment - At six weeks of age the veterinarian comes to our house to do health checks and physicals on each of the puppies. They will be given their first set of vaccinations and a microchip will be implanted. Puppies will have been wormed starting at two weeks of age. The final payment of $1150 is due at 6 weeks.
8. Puppy Personality Test - At six -seven weeks of age, the Volhard Puppy Personality Test is given. Along with health records and notes families have been keeping about puppies during our zoom meetings, and all the pictures and videos, this test may help families to choose their perfect puppy.
9. Come Meet the Puppies! - We will set up a Puppy Meet & Greet Day. This is usually a Saturday between 6-7 weeks. We invite families into our home to visit with the pups and get to know them better.
10. Select Your Puppy - Puppy selection is done in the order of the first family to have their approved application and deposit in at right around 6-7 weeks after The Meet and Greet and Puppy Personality Test have been completed.
11. Homecoming - At eight weeks, pups are ready to go to their new homes. We would love for you to come and meet us and pick up your puppy here at our farm. It is also possible for us to arrange someone we trust to hand deliver your puppy to you. Costs vary depending on your location. Just contact us as early as possible to make arrangements.
Please know we feel it is our mission to connect healthy, well socialized, beautiful pups to families that understand and are completely ready to welcome an 8 week old puppy into their home. We will do anything and everything we can to make sure you feel confident and comfortable with your new companion.